Friday, April 24, 2009

BB Couture for nails


Hiya All

Everyone seems to be talking about this brand at the moment on MUA (make up alley)... and I can see why, they are hot stuff. I recently received 5 bottles of this brand to try and my gosh I am love them.

I found the bottle to be a little bit of a let down, the cap should defiantly not be blue, I think it if was black it would look a little more professional, however the actual shape of the bottle is excellent and works well when holding it and trying to apply polish. I do this when doing my clients nails .. don't put the bottle down when I am painting.

The actual polish itself was excellent, it was really nice to apply and you only needed 2 coats to get the look of what was in the bottle. I found even the colours packed with glitter applied really well... which is unusual as I tend to find they are a little streaky with the first coat, where as BB was smooth.

So I think its about time to show you some swatches
The first one is called Butt Naked Bronze.... I just love the name, the colour is so so for me


Moon over Manhattan
I looked at the bottle and thought hmmm that's not something I would wear, it looks dull but oh my gosh when I put it on the nail I loved it!




Hemosa Surfer Girl
This one applies like a jelly and is packed full of gold and green glitter. This one looks a lot nicer on the nail than it does in the bottle, a real dark horse.




Balboa Beach Bunny
I have left my favorite two colours to last. I absolutely love the colour is a lovely purple packed full of purple and silver glitter. The glitter pieces are flecks, but there are also some glitter stings in there. Quite interesting


Midnight Malibu
When I see this colour I think Essie Starry Starry night. This colour is an excellent dupe for SSN. This is a lovely blue which not only has blue glitter throughout but it seems to have some purple glitter as well. This is by far my favourite of the bunch!
p.s, did u notice my nails are shorter? Yep filed them down.... shorter and loving it!

5 CLICK HERE TO LEAVE A COMMENT:

Mary on April 24, 2009 at 11:34 PM said...

Oh my, those are beautiful! I've noticed all the talk on mua about this brand and after seeing your pics I'm going to have to get some! Thanks for sharing.

Kim Snyder on April 25, 2009 at 3:03 AM said...

Your nails look totally amazing! You can find BB Couture nail polish at http://bbnailpolish.com and http://overallbeauty.com. As owner of Overall Beauty I ship BB Couture polishes for them all over the world. And also offer all their newest colors of polish such as the ones you have done your review on. They are also a little cheaper. ;)
I think Balboa Beach Bunny is the best color ever and looks great on your nails! I wish my nails would stay that long!

Lucy on April 25, 2009 at 8:16 AM said...

All of the polishes look beautiful on you. I have about 10 bottles on this brand. I really love them. I already have these shades on my "wants" list. I love all those glittery shades.

edelmc said...

Hi Just discovered your blog - its fab. Is a grape fit similar to done out in deco?

STERLINGNAILS on April 26, 2009 at 2:50 PM said...

Mary: thanks loving them. Def have to get some they are awesome!

Kim: thanks for letting us know, I am sure there are a stack of people that will want to get them

Lucy: Thank you, they all look gr8

Edelmc: I am going to check as it looks similar

 

Welcome to Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template