Thursday, April 23, 2009

OPI Colour Copia... do not look like oldies


Hiya All
I was looking through my draws of polish today and decided to pull out 2 of the colours that OPI have re released. Upon looking at them in the bottle I thought hmmmm these old bottles do not seem to be the same colour of the new release bottles. I decided to do some further investigation and lookie what i noticed they are NOT the same colours!!!!

I only compared Venus Di Violet and Kinky in Helsinki but I SUSPECT all of the colours are going to have the same issue. They are just not the same shade as the old original versions.


Venus Di Violet
On the Left I have the new bottle and on the right I have the original version


Venus Di Violet
On the Left I have the old colour and on the right I have the new version of Venus di Violet bottle







Kinky in Helsinki
On the Left I have the new bottle and on the right I have the original version


Swatched are on the left the of version and on the right the new version. Notice the old version has a deeper purple tone to it




10 CLICK HERE TO LEAVE A COMMENT:

Helen on April 23, 2009 at 5:42 PM said...

I can't believe they are so different! I've got an original Purple-Opolis with loads left so haven't been tempted to buy a new one.

But I did get Venus di Violet from Colorcopia yet your VdiV looks a lot darker than my re-release which looks pretty much a dupe for Altar Ego.

Hmm - what's going on, OPI?

Astasia on April 23, 2009 at 5:45 PM said...

Wow! Interesting post!
They are a little different!!!
Have a nice day
Astasia

Denette said...

I like the newer version of Venus Di Violet. It has a more purple hue to it and seems to be more opaque (something I like since I an not to crazy about sheers).

Lucy on April 24, 2009 at 3:54 AM said...

How disappointing! Are you going to swatch the rest of the collection? I planned to buy it all but I'm not sure now.

Velvet on April 24, 2009 at 6:02 AM said...

Dang! I just ordered a couple of these polishes! In a way I'm not surprised. I have to different Got a Date To-Knight bottles. One from when it was first released. I decided to buy the color again.(Because I like it so much). And to my surprise...When I came home and looked at the two. They were completely different! What is up with Opi?!

Mary on April 24, 2009 at 10:25 AM said...

That's interesting. I saw the collection today irl. Wasn't wowed by them, but I do think I'll pick a few up tomorrow.

STERLINGNAILS on April 24, 2009 at 11:03 PM said...

Helen: I know I was a little crappy about it, but the VdiV is much nicer than the old one. OPI seem to do this all the time. I have eg bubble bath

Astasia, they sure are


Denette: I like the new one better too, it seems to cover the nail better

Lucy: I will try and do so

Velvet: Oh they are worth getting anyway. Interesting, I didnt know there were 2 versions of Got a date tonight too, they must do this all the time.

Mary: oh you must pick up a bottle of French Bordeaux its a really lovely colour!

Anonymous said...

Interesting, I saw Shootout at the OK Coral yesterday and I thought it looked a lot brighter than the original. Doesn't OPI have a vault of old polishes that they could compare, or do they just not care?

STERLINGNAILS on April 26, 2009 at 2:48 PM said...

Anonymous:
yes i compared my 2 bottles and they dont look the same again. I think they are just not concerned, they release diff versions of colours all the time. For example my private jet.... what happened there?

Anonymous said...

I was so excited when I heard OPI was bringing VdiV back! I went to the store and bought THREE bottles! I'll never run out again, I thought. I got it home and was so disappointed. It is different, but what I liked about the old one was the sheerness of it, and the old one had this magical opalescent quality with the purple--you only saw it in certain light. The new one is thick. The old one took two coats to get right which was fine. Perhaps I'll try thinning it.

 

Welcome to Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template