Wednesday, April 29, 2009

OPI Over the Taupe VS $OPI Metro Chic VS You Dont know Jaques


Hiya All


I know double post.... well super bored today. I had a request the other day to compare the new OPI Over the Taupe against some other recent popular colours.. Sephora Metro Chic and OPI You don't know Jacques. Even looking at the bottles together the colours look immediately different and i find they look different on on the nails as well. So enough talking... check out the pics



5 CLICK HERE TO LEAVE A COMMENT:

Astasia on April 29, 2009 at 5:28 PM said...

Very interesting post. At first sight they look like equal...
Perhaps YDKJ is darker...isn't it?
Before look at your post i think that the new OPI color (taupe) is different from YDKJ but i now think that i don't buy it...it's very similar and on the nail the different don't show!!!

Helen on April 29, 2009 at 10:06 PM said...

I was totally going to ask you to do this, thankyou.

Given your review of OTT's application and the fact that I have three bottles of YDKJ (essential backups!) I think I'll leave OTT for now.

Hurrah, a new OPI I don't want - now that is unusual!

Atomica on May 15, 2009 at 11:55 AM said...

Thanks for posting that comparison - I've been wondering how slight the differences were. You've saved me some money - I no longer think I need Over the Taupe since I already have You Don't Know Jacques. :) Thank you!

angela on June 2, 2009 at 4:03 AM said...

I have a manicure with OTT and touched up the chips with YDKJ and it was barely noticeable. Very similar colors, but OTT is a little lighter and more pink.

Anonymous said...

Noooooooooo. depending on your skin tone ydkj and ott CAN look either better or worse on you. I have light (but sometimes tan) skin that often gets a or pinkishness to it, and the OTT just looks beautiful on me, while the ydkj just looks... yucky. its hard to explain how 2 similar colors - one can look so good and the other not good at all, but i promise you its true. i own both and wear ott all the time and refuse to wear my ydkj since it just disagrees with my skintone SO much.

 

Welcome to Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template