Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ohhhhh it's a Scandal!














In August I attended the Sydney International Beauty Expo. It was a fantastic day filled with touching and playing of Beauty products. All the Industry leaders were there showcasing their new and exciting releases. I think I spend a total of 6 hours walking around testing all the products. One product brand that caught my eye was the Scandal polish stand. These polishes were full of glittery goodness I could not pass them without purchasing some.
So today I present for you some swatches of scandal woohoo.

Moody Sky




I love the name of this one, it’s the perfect shade if you are in a bad mood, put it on and it will cheer you up!
The application is quite nice, it takes 3 coats to get the colour in the bottle, however you can still see the nail bed underneath. It colour is very glossy and has a lovely shimmer throughout it.





















Shining Purple


Oh I love this one. This is a medium purple packed with a thick glitter throughout. This kind of reminds me of OPI Ulta Violet but BETTER. The application is great and it takes 2 coats to get the desired effect. One thing I like about this colour is not only is it packed full of glitter but its long lasting as well. The colour doesn’t seem to dull after a few days as I tend to find other glitter polishes do. This one is a winner!
















Disco Pink



This one is a jelly base with glitter chunks throughout. The glitter chunks vary from fine to thick and chunky. This jelly base of this colour is a opaque pink and the glitter flakes range from pink to silver. This colour took around 3 coats to start to look like it did in this bottle, I would suggest this one is better for layering. This colour reminds me on the OPI Are you a movie star?

















Diamond Pearl

This one is a heavy gold glitter polish. The colour of the flakes are somewhat antique gold. This is nothing to write home about but is a good colour for layering. The application in my picture is 2 coats.


















Enjoy!

4 CLICK HERE TO LEAVE A COMMENT:

Brooke on November 21, 2008 at 7:59 AM said...

Those bottles look like the Nfu Oh nail polish bottles! I wonder what that is about??

Those colors look gorgeous though!

STERLINGNAILS on November 21, 2008 at 9:51 AM said...

Brooke: I know they are very much the same... and they were about 2 steps away from the Nfu-oh counter... talk about weird

Unknown on November 22, 2008 at 9:16 PM said...

Maybe same company? Different name?

Anonymous said...

Wow those do look exactly like Nfu-Oh! Strange but nice!

 

Welcome to Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template