Thursday, February 12, 2009

sorry for the double post, but a swatch of my wedding gown


Hi All

Sorry to bombard you with a double post today but I really wanted to show you a swatch of my wedding gown. In my previous post I asked for assistance in a nail colour for my wedding day. I have a olive tone and my wedding gown is a dark ivory.... so suggestions please?



9 CLICK HERE TO LEAVE A COMMENT:

amz. on February 12, 2009 at 7:37 PM said...

jewel tones would work best with the ivory.
try a deep emerald green, or a ruby or a shimmery saphire colour!!

or u can do french tips with red!!

i recently wore an off white dress to a work event and painted my nails emerald green.. got A LOT of compliments as it is sucha diff shade!

good luck =)

Nixxy on February 12, 2009 at 7:51 PM said...

Hmmm...what kind of flowers are you having in your bouquet? Could you match/contrast with their colours?

STERLINGNAILS on February 12, 2009 at 8:19 PM said...

Amanda- heheh bit too daring for me

Nixxy, flowers are pastel

Nixxy on February 12, 2009 at 8:29 PM said...

well for something pastel, but not all those cliched pinks and creams - how about Zoya's Miley?

Nixxy on February 12, 2009 at 8:33 PM said...

Come to think of it - if you've got diamonds on your wedding ring, you could always go for OPI DS Shimmer to match them!
Or any of the DS's for that matter...

Kajsa on February 13, 2009 at 4:32 AM said...

I'd say some light pink or a classic red. But what do I know about that stuff..
If I ever get married, my nails and make-up will very show-y :D

Anonymous said...

I know this is trite and cliche'd, but I keep picturing a nice, light pink. (No clue in the WORLD if it would work with your color scheme, so take this suggestion with a grain of salt!) I don't have many pinks, so I can't give you a personal recommendation, but I was thinking of maybe something like Zoya's Laurie, as you can see here on Stephanie's site: http://polishaddict.com/2009/01/04/spring-of-yesteryear-zoya-blissful-collection/

Hope that's at least an idea to build from!

nivipa

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of DS Shimmer too, blingy yet muted too (it there can be such a thing). Lovely dress.
Ali.

Ej on March 6, 2009 at 12:09 AM said...

i say a bright shade of turquoise might b nice :)

 

Welcome to Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template