Thursday, December 18, 2008

My First Konad attempt lol


Hi Guys

Today I thought I would show you my first Konad attempt. Please be kind ... as these pictures were taken MID clean up. In these pictures I used Zoya Sachi for the base colour and Konad Black polish for the design.
The plate that was used was M65.

I found this plate easy to use, however as my nail plates are quite large I had to do 2 prints on each thumb which was annoying as it took at little longer to finish those nails. If you see the close up picture of the thumb you can sort of see where I had to do a second press.

Overall I think that this was a pretty good first attempt. One thing people need to warn you about when doing a full nail Konad is to ensure you have cotton tips! These pics were taken MID clean up which meant I cleaned up most of the cuticle mess but had to go searching for the tips to really give it a good clean up... wish I had them out prior to stamping. Might use a Konad for my Christmas mani..... haven't decided yet...

6 CLICK HERE TO LEAVE A COMMENT:

Unknown on December 18, 2008 at 7:30 AM said...

Yay! You are so good at it :D And I have finally seen what Sachi looks like !

Unknown on December 18, 2008 at 6:34 PM said...

That looks like a very good first Konad attempt. Does it add a lot of extra time to doing one's mani? I am considering getting myself a Konad too.

Brooke on December 19, 2008 at 6:49 AM said...

Where did you purchase your konad from? And I think it looks great, with practice you will be a pro in no time!

Inge on December 19, 2008 at 7:20 AM said...

I think that looks gorgeous. Very neat and clean.

STERLINGNAILS on December 19, 2008 at 7:22 AM said...

Steph: Sachi is fab one of my fav pinks from Zoya... u have to try it!

Hanneri: Thank you, this one was done a few months ago. It does take a little longer as you need to wait for your base colour to dry then clean the konad plate between each stamp, then clean up of your nails at the end. However in saying that its very worth it.

Brooke, I normally buy them at the international trade shows, however this design i went to ebay for. Cost a total of $8AUD or $5-6 USD

STERLINGNAILS on December 19, 2008 at 7:23 AM said...

Pixie - thank you ;-)

 

Welcome to Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template