Tuesday, December 16, 2008

some old faithfuls


OPI Russian Navy - Relased for Fall 2007
This has to be one of my top 10 blues. This is a lovely Blue black navy blue. This polish has a deep blue-violet hue to it, with a micro blue shimmer throughout. I think if it didn’t have the shimmer throughout it would be a boring blue. The application is excellent, the first coat looks streaky but the second coat fixes it all up leaving you with glossy jeweled nails. The wear on this one is fab as well.. 3-4 days and no wear

OPI Lincoln park after dark
This colour was from From OPI's "Chicago Collection" (2005). It is a dark deep purple with a creamy smooth finish. I hate to say I liked the colour but the pro wide brush does not do good things for this colour. With the pro wide and this colour it seems to be very streaky and if you adding a top coat.... its all such a thick finish and takes forever to dry... ahhh annoying!. I find that this colour seems to go thick and tacky. The problem with this colour is that thick and gloopy doesn't look good! I thought it may be just the bottle I got, so I tried out another bottle and the same thing happened I am really disappointed with this one.. but I do love the colour even though its a mess to apply.
OPI Dutch Tulips
All I have to say about this colour is I love it….

No no… I will go on hehe. Every time I wear this colour I get tones of compliments.
This colour is a very pretty bright cherry red with a slight hint of pink to it. It’s a crème so it is a delight to apply, 2 coats and you have cheery summer nails that match the colour in the bottle. The application in my pic does not contain any topcoat…. So imagine what it would look like with top coat… super gleaming nails!
This one is the ultimate colour or summer and a bright pick me up for the toes in winter

3 CLICK HERE TO LEAVE A COMMENT:

Unknown on December 16, 2008 at 9:32 AM said...

They all look wonderful on you!

Brooke on December 17, 2008 at 4:42 AM said...

I love your long nails in these pics! I think it really shows off the colors of the polish so nice!

Unknown on January 13, 2009 at 8:37 PM said...

I love creams! The dark one looks awesome!

 

Welcome to Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template